Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Worst Idea in the World (Or Why Christmas Will NOT Be Fun This Year)

There's a conference every year the week between Christmas and New Year's. It's where most of the job interviews for academic jobs in my discipline are done. I'm on the market this year (and even have some interviews, so I might manage to make it in this career), which means that my Christmas is going to be miserable. I'm beginning my panic now, and intend to keep it up through the 29th of December (the day of my last interview). I will then take 3-4 days off, and begin to panic again about whether I've made it to the next level. If you see me, and I gaze at you with glazed eyes, scream, and run away, it's nothing personal, I promise.

1 comment:

Scarlet Panda said...

You managed to put on a decent show of being non-miserable last night. :) Good luck!